Well established Sussex County Delaware Site Contractor is seeking a Project Manager/Estimator with a background in civil engineering to join our dynamic team! Excellent rate for the right individual. People are our most valuable assets and we strive to have a safe, friendly, drug/alcohol free, OSHA compliant workplace where you can settle in for a long prosperous career.
The successful candidate shall oversee, plan, manage and track the progress of multiple construction projects. Maintain the smooth transfer of information from estimating to accounting and estimating to operations. Manage the purchase order system, create start packs, attend project meetings, maintain the project files on the company’s server and manage all submittals. Manage the cost of all change orders and attend close-out meetings.
- Liaison between estimating, operations and accounting.
- Create all purchase orders and subcontractor contracts prior to start.
- Create and distribute start packs.
- Send Heavy Bid estimate to Heavy Job.
- Maintain Project manager files and plans
- Manage all submittals (County, Del DOT, Town, Material and Bond).
- Enter and manage all 8501 numbers.
- Submit change order budget to Contractor Administrator’s use in obtaining clients authorization.
- Manage all subcontractor change orders.
- Attend start pack, costing and close out jobs meetings.
- Maintain the project management schedule.
- Release purchase orders and contracts as requested.
- Match invoices to purchase orders or contracts and code, sign, date and submit to accounting.
- Maintain job change order tracking log.
- Computer skills: working knowledge of spreadsheets and formulas.
- Excellent field experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Acts without constant supervision.
- Ability to customize and manipulate the process as needed.
- Thorough understanding of the generic heavyJob / HeavyBid program.
- Proven experience as construction project manager.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, Heavy Bid and Heavy Job.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- A team player with leadership abilities.
- Ability to multitask.
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance